Excuse DECADES LONG posting-absence (and by decades, I mean nearly four months. DECADES).
1. It is summer!
2. and I am back from uni!
Because I'm having an insanely creative week (WHY IS THIS?), but also mostly because there's no real point to this post otherwise, you get art today! I don't do art, as a rule, so this is fairly novel. But I've been working for-real on my constant WIP (the four-book series I've been planning since I was twelve) and I needed something to look at, so this is Leon and Cevair from the first book/prequel ('The Stained Glass Window Sequence').
I promise I'm better at writing than I am at drawing T__T. ( At least, I really hope I am.Collapse )
Quality is horrible as I don't have a scanner and just stood over and photographed it. Please can artistic people on my f-list tell me what human beings are supposed to look like? Apparently I don't know. And if someone wants to draw in some shoulders, DO IT. UGH, SHOULDERS, WHAT IS THE POINT.
TELL ME ABOUT YOUR DAYS. TELL ME ABOUT YESTERDAY. TELL ME ABOUT LAST WEEK. I DON'T CARE, JUST TALK AT ME, PEOPLE. I LOVE YOU, 'KAY? ♥
Lmfao, does anyone know if 'ads by google' at the top of a webpage reflect your past search results or something? Because I've just been happily surfing the internetz and looked up to see 'lemon fanfiction' and 'buy a ukelele', LOL <3. Made my dayy.
THREE STEPS TO VICTORY!
OR SOMETHING. 1.
I know I haven't done the 'Happy New Yearrrr F-liiiist' thing yet, but, we're nine days in and to be honest whenever I hear people saying it now I'm like, 'WHAT, BEHIND THE TIMES MUCH', so I might just give that a miss. Instead I'm going to have a minute's pause where I sit and think about how much I love you all, and my stomach goes all warm. I already sort of did that, so. 2.
On the subject of making my stomach go warm, HANNAH. HANNAHHANNAHHANNAH. Thank you so much for card, and the capslock, and the comparisons to Christmas confectionary, when we all know that if anyone is sweet and delicious, YOU ARE. I got it the other week when I was still at home, and I held off like, attacking you with love (my first reaction) because I wanted to do something for you in return, so I spent ages trying to draw, and then I remembered I CAN'T. But I did
watch The Sword And The Stone because it was on the BBC over Christmas ^__^. And thought of you <333 3.
I have a new journal! Of sorts. Basically I decided 2009 would be the year of Learning To Use My Camera Properly and Actually Taking Photos and so on, so I've started a sort of photography project at indigo_moments
If by 'project' you mean 'taken one photo', which I do.
I'm not sure what this is going to turn into - in my head, it's sort of a story without a narrative, or, you know, plot. But if you're interested, comments/constructive criticism would be hugely welcome. I really don't know a lot about photography or digital manipulation, but that's sort of the point, at the moment. And even if you don't, a lot of you are amazing at art and thoughts on composition/colour/general ideas would be fantastic.
THASSIT. Turns out I actually can do a relatively short post! Who knew.
Where Have I Been?
1. I have given up on uni already and relocated to join a distant African tribe, where internet connection is but a far-flung myth, rendering me physically unable to post on LJ/tell you all my whereabouts.
2. I have been overloaded with piles and piles of work
despite only having eight hours of lectures a week
and thought it was still October since I haven't looked up from my poetry essays for the past ten weeks.
3. I hit my head on a falling brick and forgot how to speak, meaning I've had to spend the last ten weeks communicating by hitting a saucepan with a wooden spoon and relearning English.
4. I realised that I secretly despised all of you and have been trying to ditch you all in a subtle way. I have since changed my mind and decided that you have your uses.
5. I'M BASICALLY RUBBISH,SORRYSORRYSORRYILU I'MSTILLALIVE ♥
6. All of the above. ( FROLICKSOME REVELRIES.Collapse )
* I'm now home for Christmas ^__^ so should have a bit more time for being, you know, present. I have two essays for over the holidays which I planned to get out of the way asap, but on the first night I meant to work I was abducted by two of my friends and literally carried out of my house to go and watch period dramas, so who knows how that'll work out.
* TELL ME WHAT'S GOING ON WITH YOU, PEOPLE. <3
* Cekkk~, I got your Christmas card!! I came over all touched and emotional and was like, 'THIS HAS TRAVELLED ALL THE WAY FROM NEW ZEALAND TO ME!! IT'S A CHRISTMAS MIRACLE!!' even though I know that's sort of the point of the Post Office. Thankyou ♥
* Uni is making me fat =[ Boo. I'm going to diet in January (well I'm not going to diet NOW, what d'you think I am?), you all have to be supportive.
* Music reccs, anyone?
* I start work again this afternoon, arrgh. I'm just going back to the Coop where I worked all summer, but I'm still a bit nervous. Wish me luck.
Firstly, I love all of you. And I've been shit at replying because, well mostly because I'm shit, but thankyou everyone who commented on my last post. You made me cry (once again because I'm shit? hmm. Not coming across well in this post). Things are much the same, but I'm starting to feel better, after a completely blowout week. So, thankyou.
Secondly, as of insane am tomorrow morning-in-inverted-commas, I'm in Mallorca with my friends. So I will be MIA for the next week (
AND MISS THE DOCTOR WHO SEASON FINALE FJNNDSFNKSNSDOCTOR/ROSE<3DDD=TENNANTHOTASSSTAYPLSSHIPPYDOOMHANDHANDJARSEX). But I'll see you soon.